This was really good! I got a little heavy handed with the cayenne pepper, but it just added a little kick to it. I’ve been craving this along with the Shepherds pie I made a couple weeks ago, for several days. Seriously, so good. One of the things I really liked about this, it’s got a bunch of veggies in it. I left out a couple, just because I didn’t have them. But you could add almost anything to it! And my daughter ate it up. She told me that my food is better than Daddy’s.
2 T unsalted butter
` lb chicken breasts, seasoned with S/P
1/2 small onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 C chicken broth
2 C half and half (I only had heavy cream, so used 1 C cream and 1 C skim milk)
2 t salt
1 t pepper
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t thyme
1/2 t sage
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1/4 t paprika
8 oz egg noodles
1 C frozen corn
1 C frozen peas
- In a large pot, melt butter and cook chicken. Set aside
- Add onion, celery and carrots. Saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes
- Add garlic, cook until fragrant
- Pour chicken stock along with half and half
- Stir well, scraping the bottom of the pot.
- Bring to boil
- Cut chicken and add back into the pot
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, sage, cayenne and paprika
- When boiling, add noodles. Reduce heat to med. Cook until pasta is tender. 10-15 minutes.
- Add corn and peas. Cook 6-8 minutes.
Sauce will thicken as it cools.